Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Interview

They say its easier to get a job
when you have a job
(which may or may not be true)
But this is the first time
I've been in a position
to test the sayings validity.
Sitting in this conference room
meeting with a succession of VP's
(one guy who looks startlingly like Jim Belushi)
I feel unreasonably confident
current employment robbing me
of the desperation I historically brought
to interviews past
and in hindsight
I wonder if I was assertive enough.
Should I have sold myself more?
Been less honest, less myself?
Curated my responses to exactly what they implied
they were looking for?
I don't know.
...
I'm asking you.
...
I've never thought much about "career"
Nor care to
Maybe that's the problem
I'd rather be writing poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment