Monday, May 22, 2017

Kids

Went up to Madison today to spend time with my niece Maris. Last time I saw her was a couple months ago and its astonishing how much she's grown. She's so expressive and energetic and curious its really incredible. She was smiling a ton and so engaging. It was wondrous. And although that might seem hyperbolic or saccharine it is sincere. Perhaps anyone who has a close connection with a child realizes it but wow, a little human growing and evolving so quickly and joyously right before your eyes, there's nothing like it.
In the evening I hung out with Adam and his son Eli, his older son Ethan is getting to the age where he's a bit too cool and just wants to play video games so he was around but plugged in. Ah well. We had a nice visit, always great to see my oldest bud and spend some QT with the boys.

Maybe its just aging, maybe its the fact the over half the people I know have kids, are pregnant, or want kids but there's a lot of kids in my life currently and how fun and cool it is interacting with them and watching them grow is not something I ever expected but its an opportunity I relish and am grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment