Saturday, July 8, 2017

I Forgot

I remembered moving was a pain
the procuring of boxes
the assembling of boxes
the putting-items-in-boxes
the moving of boxes
the unpacking of boxes.

I remembered the physical effort
the sore legs and back
the shortness of breath
from running up and down stairs
the sweat running down into eyes, stinging
the truck rental and all its painful machinations.

I forgot the mental toll
the days spent living amid blank walls
the irritation from not knowing where necessities are
the discomfort from routine disruption
the adjustment for new accommodation quirks
the countless homeware odds and ends that need to be acquired.

I forgot I was leaving my home
the first place that felt like one since my parents house
the familiarity and the ownership quickly swept away
by the transfer of books, beds, and dressers
simple yet so jarring, this moving thing
I forgot it could be this hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment