Wednesday, October 18, 2017

SlugMan

It amazes me
this guy has managed
to sustain employment
let alone a family or friends
he is like some aged monster
hatched out of the
repugnant morass
of 50's office chauvinism
anachronistic and disgusting.

Cragged face
low slung pot belly
relentless wheezing
incoherent fragmental mutterings
like a rotund and fetid Gollum.

Constant ingestion
of spirits and smokes
adding fifteen ugly years to his
repulsive middle age visage.

But more than appearance
(for homelyness is forgivable)
is his grunting crude vocabulary
today alone
I've heard him call a colleague sack
"what's up sack?" as in nut sack
I've heard him use fisting as if it were
a normal work-related verb
"this company is really fisting me".

My only hope is that one day
as he's making his laborious way
up the gentle half stair case
his moldy gray squelching heart
fails under the weight of his misogyny.

No comments:

Post a Comment