Sunday, April 22, 2018

The Scottish Play

I was drawn to the stage
from an early age
the major arbiter of this
my mother, who shared my bliss
the architect of theatrical adventures
which lead to countless pleasures
and a burgeoning vocation 
that will last my life's duration.

Out of the numerous productions
Macbeth caused the most disruption
as I was an immature eleven
the dark ambition hard to reckon
the bloodlust fueled machinations
ignited unknown sensations
cruelty, seduction, deciet
beguiling to my naive belief.

The theater was always magic
but this was something drastic
a glimpse of vast possibility
my mind opened to artistic industry
it shaped the man I came to be
lite the flame of creativity
all because of mom's determination
to ensure her son's foundation.

(Thank you Ma)

No comments:

Post a Comment