Friday, February 25, 2022

Chicago Transit Authority

It gets me where I need to go
however circuitous
it gets me where I need to go
wherever I am
it can take me anywhere
wherever I am
there are multiple paths
to my destination
perhaps not always swiftly
perhaps not consistently efficiently
none the less
it gets me where I need to go
air conditioned or heated
(their operation always depending)
comfortable, moderately safe
within the confines of steel
under the casual artistry
of the conductor
or the put-upon proficiency
of the driver
train or bus
transfer or shuttle
the city is always in motion
always thrumming
always moving
and at any time
it gets me where I need to go.

The first thing to understand about Chicago
is that the CTA is the city. In all it's lovely capriciousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment