Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Budging

Recently many old people have tried to budge me
-Boomers-
at the bookstore, bakery, dance concert
the list goes on
believing, I would guess
their age provides them
with a society wide
FastPass
I do not tolerate this
I do not let it go
because one
the line is a sacred
long-standing
cultural agreement
and two
the Boomers
collectively
have wrought more damage
than any generation that has gone before
their breadth and longevity not a function 
of any particular accomplishment
or just cause
but of circumstance
and consequential medical advancement
(looking at you Lipitor)
yes, I am courteous to my elders
and value the wisdom and experience of the old
but rudeness, entitlement, and self importance
are not a good look regardless of age
and respect must be earned.

No comments:

Post a Comment