Monday, January 10, 2011

3D and Endings

I went to see 'TRON: Legacy' on Friday. I always opt for the 2D rather than the 3D version if possible. TRON is the first movie I've wanted to see that only came out in 3D. The only other movie I saw in 3D was 'Avatar' when I went with Bob in Austin, it wasn't any better than the 2D. Watching TRON I realized how much I hate 3D.

First of all there's something between me and the movie. There's something restricting my viewing experience thats suppose to be enhancing it. 3D is a third wheel on me and my movies date. It should be a story enhancer but its more like a gimmick. This whole 3D craze reads more to me like an effort to make more money not make better movies. Also why hasn't anyone considered those of us who wear glasses? I have to wear stupid 3D glasses over the glasses I already wear to see. Which you can imagine is quite cumbersome and irritating. And just well...silly.

Overall TRON was a disappointment. I liked it initially but about half way through it lost steam. It seemed like they had a great idea that they didn't know how to end. I felt the same way about 'Lost' and alot of improv shows I've seen.

Thats one of the best lessons Craig ever taught me.

Craig: You have to END it.

No comments:

Post a Comment