Friday, April 8, 2011

Stupid Train Conversations

Landlord#1: Yeah he's had it listed for 6 months.
Landlord#2: What's it at?
Landlord#1: 1.2, the bank might foreclose and sell it at 990.
Landlord#2: A steal.
Landlord#1: Yeah. I've tried to talk some friends into going into it with me cause I don't have that kind of stake, but no ones really interested.
Landlord#2: When did he last rent it?
Landlord#1: Eight months ago or so. It was this family, you know(scoff), squatters.
Landlord#2: The worst, it's like they know the system and always play it.
Landlord#1: Yeah it was a woman with some kids, took him 7 months to get them out, only paying first months rent.
Landlord#2: They always use the kids not to pay rent. I told my recent renters "look this isn't a charity case, your rents due on the first. Period."
Landlord#1: Yeah such scamers. My father has some stories.
Landlord#2: Yeah mine too. My grandfather had this one woman, single mom, who said to him "Is there anything we could do?"
Landlord#1: Humorous.
Landlord#2: He said "Hey I'm 94. That hasn't worked in years." It took him 5 months to kick her out.
Me: Woof.
Landlord#1: I'm sorry?
Me: Nothing. I was just thinking how glad I was neither of you are my landlord.
Landlord#2: ...
Me: This is my stop. Sorry, I have a real job, not one I inherited from my Dad. Hope your weekend is full of kicking poor children out of your numerous properties.
(exit)

No comments:

Post a Comment