Friday, September 2, 2011

Geeking Out


I was searching through past pictures and I found this one. I rode my motorcycle out to Richmond back in '09 to visit Matt. This picture made me think of this odd bit of poetry from college.

The door is open.
Opened is true.
The truth behind...

Bob, my college roommate, is a great musician. We lived together all four years. He would jam with all different types of people from time to time. One time this guy named Chris came over with a friend who played an instrument to watch them jam. A week or so later I get a call from Bob while I'm at rehearsal.

Bob: Steve, it's me. Don't come home right now. Call me when you're on your way home.

Evidently this guy had taken LCD everyday, all day, for 7 days straight. He had got it into his head that me and Bob were 'good people' 'truthful people' people he wanted to be around. He came into our place while Bob was working on some guitar riffs and Bob tried to calm him down. He told him to write his thoughts down on a piece of paper. The above poem is what he wrote. Bob kicked him out eventually cause he was being such a creep. But the guy didn't want to leave. Not in an aggressive way but just wanted to be around Bob and me, he wondered where I was. Thus my voicemail. When I got home he had cleared out and Bob told me the story. We were both shocked and weirded out.

The next day we found out he had been found on the lawn of one of the dormitories that morning in his underwear and subsequently committed.

There are terms sometimes you don't understand. After this experience I understood the term...

Geeking Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment