Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Has Stephen King Gone Soft?

(over coffee)
Chloe: Steve. Have you read it.
Me: Um...oh yeah 11/22/63. What'd you think?
Chloe: It's great right?
Me: For sure. I loved it. All the stuff in Derry. And in that town where he falls in love.
Chloe: The kid Steve! That play, I was in tears.
Me: His love interest-
Chloe: The broom Steve. The broom in the bed.
Me: Did you notice those kids from 'IT'?
Chloe: No. Who...
Me: Those kids he meets who are swing dancing.
Chloe: Ooo this is good Steve. After I finished it my roommate randomly asked me if I wanted to take a swing dance class.
Me: 19. What did you think of the end?
Chloe: Um. I liked it. It was good.
Me: I feel like there was too much of a bow on it. I think Stephen has gone a little soft. I wanted...I wanted a punch in the gut at the end. Like the guy messed up the world. We'll never bee the same. The end.
Chloe: Did you read the end where he's like "thanks to my son Joe for the perfect ending."
Me: Yeah. He's a proud father. But he's lost some edge.
Chloe: Everyone has their broom.

No comments:

Post a Comment