Saturday, March 15, 2014

Beware The Ides

To avoid the insanity of the Clark bus Nicole and I took the Broadway bus to the Landmark. The 36 is a magnet for weird old people carrying more packages than they should be. But we got seats. I made a nice breakfast for us before hand and then we saw The Grand Budapest Hotel. Super good. I don't know why Nicole is making this face.

Being out and about on St. Patrick's Day weekend is a bit odd for me. It use to be my favorite Holiday because for that one day everyone drank like I drank every day. I could hide my desperation in plain site.

Going out and observing all the people and all the mess made me grateful. That doesn't have to be me anymore, I'm no longer the guy that would revel in that kind of nonsense. I went to a great movie with my girlfriend who I love and it was a wonderful day. I felt comfortable and insulated and safe. Of course all the teenagers flaying around on the train and on the street was a slight irritant, ultimately though it didn't bother me, it barely even registered. And that is a great place to be for a recovering alcoholic on the booziest day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment