Friday, March 7, 2014

Ramblin'

I met HP for dinner tonight at one of my favorite places Zig-Zag Kitchen. We've been friends for a long time, we worked together for many summers at our beloved Camp Conestoga in Rockford, now both in Chicago we see each other every other month or so.

HP: We(her band Bring Your Ray Gun) have been talking about moving.
Me: Lot of people thinking of moving after this winter. Where to?
HP: Austin, San Fransisco, I don't know. Carlos hasn't been ready but recently he brought it up so it seems like its finally time.
Me:  The SXSW trip will be a good way to test the waters. When?
HP: Next year? Maybe two years. It's hard, you know, we all have to move, do it together, it's a lot to coordinate, four lives. We want this to be the project, the band that we take our shot with, so we all have to move to, you know, do it.
Me: Good. Seems like time. You've been talking about moving for a while.
HP: I've been in Chicago for eleven years. Christ. I don't want to be anywhere for eleven years. Not until I retire or have kids.
Me: Well, time to get going!
HP: Or get pregnant...Ahhhh NO! I don't want a kid right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment