Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Baskin Robbins

How far you've fallen
no longer the franchise pillar
once you were
spliced with Dunkin
and sometimes
paltry sandwich chain
TOGO
forgotten,
dusty,
sidelined
but it was not always thus.
Once you were
the coveted summer destination
with vast counters
housing countless flavors
stretching out for obscene durations,
to my child's eyes
you were a vibrant smorgasbord.
Although your selection was bountiful
and your wares tasty
I held you in high esteem
for what you meant to my family.
On a bad day, after a soccer game,
or pre-birthday celebration
you were treat, reward, and consolation.
I won't forget
the summer bike rides
mom and dad and sis and me
our purpose- scoop, sundae, cone
a cool reprieve, vitality.
I will remember you like
once you were
not like how you are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment