Thursday, August 22, 2019

Home Again

Had lunch at the Norske Nook a famous, at least in our family, Scandinavian restaurant. Great food and pie. Headed to Madison to have dinner with my sister Marta and niece Maris, got there a little early and we were able to tag along to pick up Maris from preschool.
Had a wonderful meal and visit and then finished the final leg to Rockford. A little under 2K miles in total.

It's been great spending time with my dad. We haven't taken a "family vacation" since me and my sister were college-age, we got older, life gets complicated, other things take precedent. As an adult I realized that if I had the time off why not make some time to spend with my dad especially doing this thing we both love and bonded over. Going on a trip like this is kind of surreal because you're traveling a good portion of the day, daylight and pacing and bathroom breaks and eating are more important than normal. There's also a certain amount of nerves, not only because motorcycling no matter what is dangerous, but you could breakdown you could run out of gas and in a city that's not a big deal but in rural North Dakota that could set you back a whole day. It's an adventure. A unique challenge and experience and it's really cool to share that with my dad especially since he's getting older and slowing down a bit.

We've done trips two years in a row, here's to more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment