Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Walgreens Pharmacy

Waiting for my COVID booster
watching the harried pharmacists
and the variety of bumbling customers
picking up their prescriptions
as the minutes tick away
where I should be working
I begin to smolder, to seethe
then suddenly
this cool comfort
drops over me
like a blanket
a profound acceptance
swaddles me
and I realize
I am content to wait here
as long as it takes
and the idea
that this could take some time
that I could be ignored or forgotten
relegated to the back of the line
some complication may arise
gives me no trouble whatsoever
I let go
I am where I am supposed to be
and it will take
as long as it takes
and that is not only OK
it is correct
it is as it should be
and I sit, waiting
liberated from my worry
as holiday stresses
flow around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment