Saturday, February 5, 2011

Curry: Chen's

Chen's is primarily a Chinese restaurant but I got the yellow Thai curry. They didn't have Panang. It was very good; chicken, red and green peppers, as well as onions, the sauce was thick, sweet, but not spicy. As usual the rice provided was slightly less then what was needed to actually consume the main dish. But all in all I was very pleased. The chicken especially was...succulent.

The ambiance was kind of overwhelming for me, it was very dimly lit and the music that was playing was a little too new agey hip for me. From the other patrons in the bar it seemed to me their extensive martini list was a main draw for the restaurant. It also seemed from what I overheard from other tables as well as talking with the waitress that the offer frequent specials and coupons.

Would I go back again? Maybe. I felt like all in all it was a little overpriced and a little to fancy and hip for my particular style. But for a big group of friends looking to spend some money and have a good time I would recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment