Saturday, February 26, 2011

LM Restaurant: French Cusine

My mom and my sister are in town for the weekend. My mom took us out to LM Restaurant which is participating in Chicago Restaurant Week. It was a three course meal. I started with the Crab Bisque which was OK but bland. It needed salt. Or maybe it just needed something. It didn't taste like much of anything. For the second course I had the Pork Belly on a bed of cabbage with carrots.Again it was OK. There was flavor but it was overly sweet. The glaze was so overpowering it was the only thing I could taste. Surprisingly my favorite part of the dish was the cabbage. I don't think I've ever enjoyed cabbage before in my life. So at the very least that was worth the trip. The last course was dessert. I ordered the only chocolate option not really knowing what it was. I was thinking it was going to be some kind of cake but it was a mousse. Same song third verse. It was OK. Nothing inspiring, nothing surprising. It was a decent mousse with a decent short bread cookie. They could have dumbed down or modified the menu in preparation for Restaurant Week, I don't know. Overall I was kind of disappointed. Would I go again? No. But...

Always great to share a meal with Mom and Marta.

No comments:

Post a Comment