Friday, March 18, 2011

Graffiti 6

This past week I watched a movie that really inspired me, 'Exit Through The Gift Shop.' After watching I realize my classification for this series of posts may have been a little inappropriate or inaccurate. I should have titled these 'Street Art' but for the sake of continuity I will continue to use the term 'Graffiti.' Also some of the things I've featured wouldn't necessarily qualify as street art. Like this sticker for example has a website on it so it's more promotion or advertisement than genuine street art. Moving forward I may make that distinction.

“The thing I hate the most about advertising is that it attracts all the bright, creative and ambitious young people, leaving us mainly with the slow and self-obsessed to become our artists. Modern art is a disaster area. Never in the field of human history has so much been used by so many to say so little.” -Banksy

No comments:

Post a Comment