Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Wrigleyville Soliloquy

(Front door of the former Bar Louie on Clark)

Overbearing father! The chains of nepotism choke me so.
Take your fast track marketing position,
Take your ease and opportunity.
Do I not desire to struggle?
Do I not yearn to prove myself through words and deeds?
I am a MAN! Absent father!

O' the sweet kiss of a woman's hand on mine
as we watch the sunrise over the lake.
The torrid quarrels we get into on a summers night,
the wind at our backs, words of passion in our throats.
The delightful dribble of mango juice that cascade down our chins
as we picnic on a country hill side.
The beauty within shines ever brighter outside,
Out of the base hedonistic dance houses.

My sweet Cubs. The ever adolescent Cubs.
Always Cubs never Bears. Doomed to constantly evolve but never
Grow. You envelope every inch of me. The taverns I frequent,
The ensembles I wear. WHY! WHY! Do you lose!
It fills my heart with Rage and Despair.
If you can never become a man how can I?
We are both trapped.
Suspended Animation.
(punch, breaks glass)

No comments:

Post a Comment