Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Panang Curry: Satay

Went to Satay for some Panang and I have to say it looks a lot better than it tasted. The curry at the very least had some peanut flavor and another veggie besides peppers(peas!) but it was lacking in many ways. There was no spice and the consistency was incredibly thick almost gelatinous. Anytime I get Panang and the waitress doesn't ask me how spicy I'd like it that's usually an indicator that it's not going to be very good. Also, Satay is a Thai/Sushi place which I feel like always means their Thai cuisine is lacking. Punam also got the Panang.

Punam:(dramatic frown) This is the worst Panang I've ever had.

It wasn't the worst I've had but certainly up there. Maybe I shouldn't be too hard on them because it's not exclusively Thai but still...For the second week in a row the highlight of the meal was the Thai iced coffee. Time to break out of this streak and find some good Panang. Would I go again?

No.

No comments:

Post a Comment