Saturday, October 29, 2011

'The Three Musketeers' A Review

The best thing I can say for 'The Three Musketeers' is that I didn't get up during it to use the restroom. I was mildy entertained during the movie but any kind of reflection makes it fall apart. The first question I asked myself while watching it was "why?" there is no reason to remake this movie, they didn't top any of the earlier incarnations and brought nothing new to the story. This is officially the worst rated of any Three Musketeers incarnation.

The movie was so unoriginal I recognized specific lines of dialogue from the Disney Three Musketeers with Chris O'Donnell. It also seemed to have taken inspiration and concepts from the Sherlock Holmes reboot.

The acting was flat, the characters shallow, and the 'advanced' technology aspect was laughable. I've never been a fan of Orlando Bloom but he really outdid himself with an exceptionally awful performance as the Duke of Buckingham. At one point he plays with a butterfly knife in order to intimidate a prisoner. His acting and the fact that he's using a butterfly knife in the wrong century make the whole thing laughable.

The adaptation/reboot was poorly concieved, poorly written, and poorly executed.

Don't See It.

No comments:

Post a Comment