Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Olio

Last night as part of Upstairs at the Annoyance I performed in Olio, Phil's brainchild where a number of short one act plays are written, rehearsed, and put up in less than a week.

Susan, Molly, and I were in Zack's play. I had never performed with either of them before and haven't said someone else words in a long while. It was very cool and fun. Nice to stretch the acting muscles a bit. After the four plays all the characters did an improv set together which was a real blast. Improvising as the character, weaving different specifics and stories together. The whole night was great.

Recently I've found myself, as a performer, more drawn to narratives and scripted work. The past couple months my passion for improv has waned, I still love it but I've lost a lot of the fervor I use to have about it. Putting more work into telling a specific story with a more deliberate result has been more satisfying.

Olio has a run at the Annoyance starting in February, new plays each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment