Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Cold, Cold Night

So far the winter has been relatively mild, especially in comparison to last years bombardment of arctic blasts. Because of that it seems to be going by relatively quickly. Without the constant soul-crushing force of zero temperatures the winter is so much easier to navigate, manage, and endure.

I woke up the other day and realized I felt light, happy. Not to say I had been feeling blue but more like those times when you get into a groove in your life and things are going well and you just register "I'm doing good!" Which came as kind of a surprise given winter usually wears on me. Maybe it's because I have a lot of wonderful friends in my life, maybe because I have a an amazing and supportive girlfriend I love living with, maybe because I have a number of exciting creative projects I'm working on. I don't know exactly, happiness is hard to define or explain and maybe that's the way it should be.

I told a friend recently- I'm really happy and I don't know why- he told me not to question it. Those periods of contentment and ease may be fleeting or long lasting. Don't scrutinize- enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment