Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Take The Day

Today is my birthday. Nicole and I took the day off and went out for breakfast at Bakin' and Eggs then to the zoo.
And the Lincoln Park Conservatory.
Then to a movie and then met Jimmy and Thomas for dinner at PMU where I got my ceremonial slice of chocolate cake. It was a great day, low key, relaxing, and I did the things I enjoy most.

When I first moved to Chicago I worked on my birthday and got my bike stolen, a couple years later I worked on it again out of obligation and it just felt weird. I'm not one of those type of people who makes a big deal out of it I just think it's important to take a little time for yourself. I don't mind my job now but it already consumes a lot of my time and energy, a birthday should be celebrated if only simply. My advise, never work on your birthday whether its a big deal to you or not. The mental health dividends pay big.

I had a wonderful day, another year down, another year of challenges and potential to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment