Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Fourth Of July

Went to Tisher's for a 4th of July BBQ. It was a real blast. Good friends, good food, and roman candles. It was the first time I'd met Thomas pictured above who, much to my delight, loves movies as much as I do. I spent a good hour quizzing him on what movies he'd seen and what he thought of them. A lot of people like movies, it's rare you find someone who absolutely loves movies. It was a real treat.

The highlight of the evening was everyone gathering on the stoop, while the fireworks were going off, for the annual reading of the Declaration Of Independence. We passed the book around and everyone read a paragraph or two. By the time it got to me the text split into two, what I imagine are two different interpretations, Thomas stepped in and read one half while I read the other half simultaneously.

All in all a great night.

1 comment:

  1. That is a delightful picture and a great tribute to mustaches and America.

    ReplyDelete