Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Cycles 2

As the days pass Fall gets slightly more aggressive. I think this will be the last time my plants blossom before I retire them to the dark interior for winter.
I'm currently reading The Book Of Lost Things and there's a part where the Woodsman notices the main character David doing OCD counting and touching and talks to him about rituals and routines. Talks about doing small things of significance that make you feel good and have some tangible result.

My plants are part of my daily ritual and have brought me a substantial amount of contentment over the past spring and summer. Putting in time and energy, however limited, and seeing growth is a great feeling. Life moves in cycles-seasons-circles and now its almost time to take the plants inside and enjoy Fall things. Get ready for the cool and the cold, the holidays and the feasts.

To quote the great Stephen King: Ka is a wheel.

That Old Wheel by Johnny Cash on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment