Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Graffiti 127

I got really into communism when I was in college. Read The Communist Manifesto and Guerrilla Warfare a bunch of times. I think the ideas of equality, solidarity, and action were what appealed to me. I never did much research into how communism was implemented(and failed), I just liked the idea of individual empowerment independent of wealth. When V For Vendetta came out in '05 I remember loving it. It got me really juiced to do something but I found nothing to actually do. The idea of revolution is great, without direction it is pointless.

"Let the ruling classes tremble at a communist revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Workingmen of all countries, unite!" -Karl Marx

"If you want to know the taste of a pear, you must change the pear by eating it yourself. If you want to know the theory and methods of revolution, you must take part in revolution. All genuine knowledge originates in direct experience." -Mao Zedong

"No advance in wealth, no softening of manners, no reform or revolution has ever brought human equality a millimeter nearer." -George Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment