Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Stop

On top of physical discomfort sickness eats up large slices of the clock.
I hope I'm not shackled much by time
but I do value activities, actions, and tasks accomplished.
So yesterday hobbled by a cold
I regretfully cancelled two standing appointments.
Unable to do much save endure I sat on the couch worrying over the things I was not doing.
I was in condition to nothing. Full stop.
As a free-wheeling, free-thinking, antonymous human being with much to do and write and see
it feels almost cosmically perverse
to be leveled by never-ending snot.
But I take my licks. Humbled by the common cold. Just another organism, no better or worse.
Floating, sneezing, labored breathing.
Waiting on incubation, white cell generation, and the methodical ticking of the clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment