Sunday, December 24, 2017

Xmas 2017

Had a wonderful if hectic holiday. Nicole came back with me which was really nice and although my mom is still recovering from a broken ankle and princess Maris required, justly and joyously, some significant attention we all pitched in and had a nice celebration.
 Santa even showed up at one point!
 I cooked a bit more than I usually do which was nice to be able to do because over the past year I've really broadened my repitore of the various meals I can prepare. Nothing earth shattering or anything but some good mostly healthy dishes.
Maris was, of course, the star of the weekend. It's been incredible to watch her progress since she was born but especially over the past six months or so. She's talking, she's walking, she has an insatiable curiosity, it's really inspiring and at times exhausting. Provides me with a new found respect for parents, how much energy and focus and time a child requires. Big rewards, certainly, but a big cost. It was especially cool because I had babysat her last week and she remembered me which was very cool.

A nice holiday but a lot going on for various reasons. I may take some extra time off next year to just be able to appreciate it more, so it doesn't feel like such a whirl-wind. Either way lovely time with my loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment