Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spend Some Time With Jamison Webb

Tonight marked the beginning of Jangleheart Circus the comedy festival put on by the Upstairs Gallery. The first show I saw at the festival was, possibly the final, Spend Some Time With Jamison Webb one of my favorite semi-recurring shows at the UG. Each incarnation Jamison has a different theme or idea, some past ones were "Father Autumn" "How To Win Social Media" "Perplexity: Pick-Up Artist" "Edward Snowden: The Real Story" etc.

This show's obstacle was NoJoy industries shutting down the "Webbhead Clubhouse" the only way to avoid it was for Jamison to put on the "Ultimate Comedy Show". Which of course he did.

One of the first shows I went to at the UG was Jamison's first installment of the show. It was the first time I really saw a peer experimenting and not only did I enjoy the show, I found it inspiring.

Jamison ended with a Paul Simon parody medley,  a great way to start the fest.

No comments:

Post a Comment