Saturday, August 2, 2014

Street Talk 19

Danny, Max, and I outside the Upstairs Gallery. A middle aged woman is walking her dog, the dog poops, she picks it up in a bag and approaches us.

Woman: Can I buy a cigarette?
Me: (smoking) You can have one(I offer her the pack).
Woman: Thank you. Guess who I'm going to see in concert?
Max: I don't know who?
Woman: He's tall, lanky, and blond.
Danny: Neil Diamond.
Max: Keith Urban.
Woman: Rod Stewart. 8th row center.
Danny: Very cool.
Woman: I've been waiting my whole life for this. I'm going through a divorce right now. My husband grabbed me by the throat and choked me. Redneck piece of shit.
Danny: Oh god that's horrible.
Max: Yeah, get outta there.
Woman: If my brother was alive he'd kill him. He was in the Special Forces in Vietnam. He did that Rambo stuff. You seen Rambo?
Me: Yeah.
Woman: That was him but he passed.
Me: Sorry for your loss.
Woman: It was colon cancer that got him. (pause) Have a good night.
Max: You too. (She walks away)
Danny: She was clutching that bag of hot poop in her fist...

No comments:

Post a Comment