Sunday, August 3, 2014

Nesting

Thursday Nicole and I moved into our new apartment. It was relatively painless considering we just had to move our stuff down two floors, Morehead provided some clutch help with the big ticket items. The past couple days we've been unpacking, painting, organizing, hanging, and rearranging.

Unpacking is always my favorite part of moving. Discovering things I thought I'd lost or forgotten I had. Finding the right place for things, settling in and getting comfortable.

It will certainly be an adventure, Nicole and I have a lot to figure out about our new place and about each other. What kind of couch to get, where to hang the curtains, how we relate to each other as roommates, how to create a common and supportive home life, how to find time together and apart.

It's an exciting time. Standing at the beginning of this large unknown experience I couldn't be more grateful for the woman I love and whatever the future may hold for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment