Thursday, August 28, 2014

Wedding Weekend

I came back to Rockford last night in preparation for my sister's wedding Saturday. There's a lot of i's to dot and a lot of t's to cross but things are coming together. As the day approaches and people start rolling into town I realize how large my extended family is, aunts and uncles and lots and lots of cousins, Bannens, Brannons, and Nelsons. Some of whom I haven't seen in years, some I may have only seen once or twice, but blood binds and there is shorthand with family however distant.

My goal this weekend is just to be available, to be ready and willing to do whatever is asked of me by my sister, her soon to be husband Nick, or my folks. To be patient, accommodating, and as kind as possible. I'm sure in the next couple days tempers will be short and there will be at least one crisis. People will be tired and there will be countless errands to run. But already I can feel this immense and unwavering outpouring of love.

It's an exciting and momentous time for the Nelson clan, anticipation builds.

No comments:

Post a Comment