Friday, August 29, 2014

Wedding Rehearsal

This morning the venue got set up under the supervision and tyrannical grip of my mom and Aunt Judy. My dad and I picked up my cousin Lauren(left) from the bus to help, my sister(center) came by to approve everything, and I just mostly tried to stay out of the way. The reception room is in the far end of the Rockford Discovery Center right next to the river, the ceremony is going to be in a little amphitheater about 150 feet away. All my favorite weddings have had the same self contained set up, the ceremony and the reception in the same location, no lag-time/all celebration.
The rehearsal went smoothly as they all seem to, the ritual of the wedding, for me at least, is pretty ingrained. There's a couple different variations but it's all riffing off of the same structure. The processional, the readings, the vows. They are all unique but the set ups are similar so it's never too hard to figure out where to stand, when to walk, what to say. We have the comfort of the established format and the bride and groom provide their singular flare.

Marta and Nick picked a beautiful spot, next to water was one of Marta's stipulations, and even though tomorrow has a chance of rain I have confidence the gods of thunder and storm will bestow sunshine on their Norse daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment