Friday, September 14, 2012

Day Zero

The Mayans weren't right, but they weren't wrong either. 2013 never came. Time stopped 12/31/12 11:59 pm. It's been winter for 1064 days. The sun hasn't risen in 1064 days. No one has aged in 1064 days but plenty of people have died. Days really aren't a good unit of measurement anymore. Clocks still work but what do they mean?

The city is almost empty. Most of the time it seems I have it all to myself. The good thing is you can finally see the stars. The trains still work, that's how I get around, but for how long I don't know. I always wanted to be a conductor and now I am in a way. I go from neighborhood to neighborhood scrounging up whatever canned food there is left. Slim pickings these days. Something has to change.

Winter can't last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment