Sunday, September 16, 2012

Water The Plants

 I was back in Rockford this past weekend to spend some time with my folks, see my sister, and visit Adam and his sons. It's always nice to go home. My mom has a bunch of potted plants on the porch which are all thriving. That wasn't always the case. I was never great at doing chores. Or I guess it's fairer to say I never had the best timing with chores. I never saw the point in cleaning up before the cleaning lady came. I was that kind of kid.
I was always appointed to water the plants because of course I was home the most when I was growing up. Both my folks have jobs that sometimes kept them at work late. I did it sporadically. Some years the plants were healthier than others. Needless to say, at this point, my mom is in full control and the plants are flourishing. I read on the deck for a while before my dad got home Friday. It's nice to be by living things. That's something I miss Chicago. Woods, gardens, that cool green. Maybe I should get a plant. Maybe not.

I might forget to water it.

No comments:

Post a Comment