Thursday, September 26, 2013

Chance

Natalie and I did our two person show last night at Comedy Sportz after two years in discussion: Chance. Natalie and I got close when we were put on my first, her third, harold team together at iO together FireCup. We had a lot of chemistry on stage and were fast friends off stage. Since the team was cut we haven't been able to see each other as much or perform together at all but our connection hasn't weakened.

Natalie has been organizing a night at Comedy Sportz on Wednesdays and she slotted us last out of four teams. The show started off with almost no audience save for the performers. As the night went on about 20 or so random people came in off the street, young but not a savvy improv audience. I became a little nervous for three reasons. One because I've only performed at CSz a couple times and I'm not entirely comfortable there, two because the people that had come in were talking and kind of drunk the type of people that could get out of control rather quickly, third Natalie and I hadn't performed together in three years, stylistically we've both changed a lot and I wasn't entirely confident on how we would fit together.

We started our show and it was great. Smooth. The crowd loved it, we were challenging each other and having fun, it flowed. The chemistry we use to have was still there and was just intesified because of how much better each of us has gotten in the years since sharing the stage.

It felt natural. It was like going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment