Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Give It Away To Keep It

Instead of rehearsal last night The Hague went out for dinner. Coincidentally it was all former members of Rick- Pants, James, Micah, Ellen, and me. It was nice to just sit around and jaw for a bit, we're all so busy at this point there's rarely time outside of shows and rehearsals to just check in with each other and get the day-to-day scoop. Afterward I took Ellen for a motorcycle ride, she was very excited.

I gave her a ride home from CIC about two years ago on my old Suzuki, it was raining, only a couple blocks and didn't do the experience justice. Tonight we rode for about half an hour going up and down Lakeshore, unarguably the best street in Chicago to ride on. Ellen loved it, she yelled and screeched and laughed. Her energy was infectious, it brought back how exciting my first ride was.

It was a great feeling to share the joy motorcycles bring me with her. To show her this thing that is very important and special to me and have her respond with such joy. And in her reaction, in her enjoyment of the ride mine was doubly so.

Sometimes sharing can be selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment