Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Red Rock

I miss the west. The wide open spaces. The mountains. The places where you can go and not see anyone for hours.

Adam and I went out to see the Beanpole in Colorado twice and did a lot of hiking both times. The second time we went to the Red Rocks where this picture was taken. I remember thinking it was the location of that scene from Bill And Ted's Bogus Journey.

I just finished watching Long Way Down the second season of the Charlie Boorman/Ewan McGregor motorcycle travel show. In it they ride bikes from Scotland to South Africa. It's an amazing show and it got me really inspired. I want to ride my bike across country, have an adventure, meet new people, and most of all see old friends. I could ride to Austin to visit Bob or Denver to visit Beanpole or Richmond to visit Matt.

This coming winter will be for planning, the spring for doing and the open road.

No comments:

Post a Comment