Sunday, December 22, 2013

Engagement!

My phone is almost always on silent so I frequently miss calls from people. I'm also fairly lax about returning calls so my dad and I have an unspoken code. If he texts me "Call when you can" that pretty much means call right away. My sister texted me last night "Call when you can. LU" and so even though it was late I called her back.

Marta: Well...Nick and I are engaged!

It was a very excited, surprising and joyous conversation. I am truly happy for her and am incredibly grateful to be in a position where I can be present and share/delight in the news, to be one of the first people she wants to call and tell.

I restrained myself from asking the questions that immediately come to mind- where and when- but could not resist joking-but-not-really-joking with Nick about his potential groomsmen, angling for a spot.

It is wonderful news. Easily the blinding highlight of the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment