Monday, December 30, 2013

West Coasters

Periodically old members of Deep Schwa will come back and play. Last night Brian Jack, in town for the holidays, came back and brought Dave Hill formally of famed iO team People of Earth and Matt Jones formally of famed TV show Breaking Bad. Whenever we have guests or former members back I think we're all a little sharper, a little faster, more excited and eager

It was a real fun show with a packed crowd which seemed to really love it. I was trepidatious initially because 11 can be an unruly amount of people and whenever people come in from out of town and there are a lot of us I worry about getting in there and being apart of the show. We started off with real high energy and pace and were able to keep it going. Every scene had four or five people in it and we hit this pell-mell frenetics but never pushed over the border into incoherence or cacophony. Everyone played a part and got to be seen.

My favorite part by far was Jeannie coming on as Brooke Shields and then her and I reenacting a bizarre version of Blue Lagoon where the rest of the team were plants, rocks, and animals egging me on in my fumbling seduction.

It was challenging and a little chaotic and I think everyone involved, audience and performers, were entertained. I'm proud to be a member of Deep Schwa. It is one of my greatest accomplishments and greatest pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment