Sunday, April 6, 2014

Crab Cakes And Maymont

Matt took us to brunch at "The Boathouse" a nice restaurant situated right on the river with glass walls. No bad view. Nicole and I both had the crab cake Benedict which was delicious. Whenever I'm visiting Matt I order crab cakes in whatever incarnation. Matt got the biscuits and gravy, he was shorted a biscuit and a ladle full of gravy. Nicole and I walked away very satisfied, Matt did not. 
Matt had a rehearsal to coach so Nicole and I walked around Maymont park. I had been there the first time I visited Matt back in 2009 but didn't remember much.
It's substantially more romantic when you go with your lovely girlfriend as opposed to alone.
The growth and the sun put us both in a fantastic mood. I never thought the winter bothered me much, but just seeing green things and feeling such a jolt of happiness it made me realize how stark the past months have been.
More blossoms.
There's this scene from Last Samurai where Ken Watanabe is contemplating the beauty of all the blossoming trees and searching for the perfect one.
Towards the end when he's dying he says "They're all perfect."
It's wonderful being here with Nicole: her meeting Matt and Katie and her showing me stuff from her time at VCU. It's our first vacation together, our first real challenge, and so far it's been easy and fun and relaxing. We're sharing this experience and that feels very cool. The next leg of the trip were heading to Warrenton where Nicole grew up to stay with her best friend Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment