Saturday, April 26, 2014

Smartphone

Today I finally made the switch and got a smartphone. I've already started feeling this senseless and cloying urge to check it when there is no reason to do so.

I've been a staunch detractor of computer phones and people being buried in them. People pouring time and attention into a device as opposed to actual humans. There is also something to be said for isolation and silence almost impossible to obtain when you have one of these itchy gadgets. But the digital chickys have come home to roost and my hypocrisy is in plain sight.

I'm feeling the phones quietly seductive grasp around my throat even as I type this. So convenient, so accessible, so functional!

I may have sold out. My life may plummet to a previously undiscovered level of meaninglessness. I may be on a never-ending path to fill the now unbearable void inside with a limitless supply of selfies and food pics and memes.

The upshot is I finally joined Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment