Sunday, April 13, 2014

Graffiti 123: Richmond

"Art is parasitic on life, just as criticism is parasitic on art." -Harry S. Truman
"When you see me smash somebody's skull, you enjoy it." -Tyson
"Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof." -Khalil Gibran
"I usually start writing a novel that I then abandon. When I say abandon, I don't think any writer ever abandons anything that they regard as even a half-good sentence. So you recycle. I mean, I can hang on to a sentence for several years and then put it into a book that's completely different from the one it started in." -Kate Atkinson

"Fantasy has had some problems with being too repetitive, in my opinion. I try to read what other people are doing - and say, 'How can I add to this rather than just recycle it? How can I stand on Tolkien's shoulders rather than stand tied to his kneecaps?'" -Brandon Sanderson

No comments:

Post a Comment