Thursday, August 7, 2014

Harvest Time

It's almost time to pick my first couple tomatoes. To watch the progress of my plants has been calming, a nice constant amongst all the changes going on. It's a good reminder. Things move in cycles: seasons, plants, people. Situations change, circumstances can be volatile, but nature and time have a way of sorting everything out.

There are direct routes, divergent paths and dead ends. Distractions, disappointments and discoveries. In the end there is much out of my control. So to focus on the small things, the little comforts and simple pleasure, the action I can personally take, helps with perspective.

Sitting on my porch after a monotonous day of insurance there's a quiet comfort in the wind through the leaves, water dripping from the window box, and the minute signs of growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment