Saturday, May 23, 2015

True Spring

The three day weekend couldn't have happened at a better time. Both Nicole and I have been worn out the past couple weeks and have needed some R&R and time to connect. We did a bunch of errands then went to sit by the lake.
It was a truly gorgeous day. Lots of people were out to enjoy the sun and the cool calming water. There's a palpable sense of relief. After oscillating from 50 to 70 with occasional rains I think it's safe to say spring has finally arrived. We can at long last shake off the last echos of the oppressive cold.
It was wonderful to spend time with the woman I love, all day with no interruptions. Great and necessary. The warmth, the growth, the approaching summer, all together it gives me such a sense of hope. There are challenges and trying times on the horizon but right now I feel only gratitude and excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment