Sunday, November 1, 2015

Expectations

A week or so ago someone reached out to me on FB to be in a video for the iO Comedy Network. I was a bit hesitant because I didn't know anyone involved. I've found blindly committing to projects can sometimes lead to frustration, creative compromise, and/or a usurping of time. But it seemed like it would be fun, require minimal commitment, and videos are not something I typically do.

For the past couple days I've felt nervous about the shoot, concerned it wouldn't be a good experience and would eat up most of the day. I did my best to curb my fears and adjust my expectations. Go into it with an open mind and a positive attitude.

It turned out great. I was there for about an hour, everyone was very nice, proficient, and professional. It was a fun experience because I was able, for the most part, to go into it without a bad attitude or preconceived notions of what it would be. Something I need to try to practice more in all aspects of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment