Thursday, November 26, 2015

Friendsgiving

I have to work tomorrow so instead of heading back to Rockford Nicole and I stayed in Chicago for the holiday. This was the first time I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my family and although I missed them it was really nice spending the holiday with friends. Meaghan and Laura hosted a get together of about 18 improvisors, the company was great and the spread was assorted and delicious. While there were some half-hearted thanks given during dinner the conversation was predominately taken up with bits. So in order to reflect and stay grateful- a list.

I'm thankful for the temperate season,
for money in the bank and food in the fridge,
for movie theaters, book stores, and bodegas,
inspiration and the opportunity to give it form,
friendship in all its rejuvenating incarnations,
the unwavering loyalty of family,
and for the love and support of a great woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment