Tuesday, August 16, 2011

John Carpenter

I've been going through a hardcore John Carpenter phase recently. A lot of his 70's, 80's, and early 90's movies are on instant. I don't know why it took me so long to see some of them but they are amazing! I started watching them because when 'Super 8' came out JJ Abrams said one of his first inspirations was John Carpenter. He saw one of the firsts screenings of 'Escape From New York' and gave a small note which John Carpenter took.

Recommendations:
Assault On Precinct 13
Escape From New York
The Thing
Big Trouble In Little China
They Live
In The Mouth Of Madness

They're all simple, weird, and fun. I watched 'Assault On Precinct 13' yesterday for the first time. It's pretty odd. The theme song which comes in and out through the whole movie is awesome. Simple, eerie, and catchy as hell. I've been humming it ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment